How 3 Simple Habits Made Me More Confident (and Less Boring)

Habits · Mindset · Life
“Now, I have stories to tell.”
Three habits that changed how I think, talk and feel.

There was a time I felt I had nothing interesting to say. Today I feel confident, and I don’t feel boring anymore. What changed was not one big thing. It was three simple habits: writing, reading and riding.

None of them is complicated. Here’s what each one gave me, and how you can start your own version.

1. Writing: clarity, calm and an audience

My writing started on YourQuote, and I still write there today. I write on Blogger too. Writing gave me something I didn’t expect: appreciation, praise and followers. People read what I wrote and told me it meant something to them.

But the bigger gift is private. When I write, I understand what I actually think. My thoughts slow down, things become clear, and I feel calmer. It’s the closest thing I have to a reset button.

How to start: write just five lines a day, anywhere. A notes app is enough. Don’t try to be good yet. Be honest.

“Reading fills my head. Riding fills my days. Writing turns both into stories.”
— how my three habits fit together

2. Reading: knowledge, words and ideas

I read for at least 30 minutes to an hour every day. Not only books: articles, letters, case studies and research. It gives me clarity, vocabulary, knowledge and information I can use.

The change shows up in conversations. I have more to say, I can say it in better words, and I understand things faster. Reading is where most of my ideas come from.

How to start: pick one thing you’re curious about and read for 15 minutes a day. Build up slowly. A daily habit beats a big burst once a month.

3. Riding: happiness, nature and confidence

Riding gives me happiness. It also gives me a sense of understanding and a real connection with nature. Most of all, it gave me experiences I could never have had if I hadn’t taken it up, and those experiences became my confidence.

If you’re curious, I’ve written about it in my Triumph Speed 400 review and my first crash after 30,000 km.

Don’t ride? Your version might be cycling, walking, trekking or any time outdoors. What matters is real experiences away from a screen.

How the three habits work together

Writing
Clarity, calm and people who connect with you.
Reading
Knowledge, vocabulary and ideas.
Riding
Happiness, nature and real experiences.

This is why I don’t feel boring anymore. Reading gives me ideas, riding gives me experiences, and writing turns both into stories worth sharing.

Your starter plan for this week

1Write five honest lines a day.
2Read for 15 minutes about something you’re curious about.
3Spend some time outdoors: one ride, walk or cycle.

That’s all. Do it for a week, then see how you feel. Start small and keep going.

Quick answers

Which habit should I start first?

The one that feels easiest. Small wins build the confidence to add the next habit.

How long does it take to build a habit?

There’s no magic number. What matters is showing up most days, even for a few minutes.

What if I don’t ride?

Pick any outdoor activity you enjoy. The point is real experiences that give you something to talk and write about.

Which habit are you starting this week?
Tell me in the comments.

Related reading: Habits That Actually Work · Finding Inner Peace

Pratik Kumar

Pratik Kumar

Your journey begins here. At the intersection of mindful self-care and deliberate growth, I guide you through the terrain of becoming. This isn't just about improvement it's about revelation. Uncovering what already exists within you, waiting to emerge. Here, we explore practical wisdom that nurtures both inner peace and outward achievement. No empty promises just honest pathways to living with greater purpose and authentic joy. Whether you're seeking subtle shifts or profound reinvention, you'll find tools, insights, and a companion for the journey. Step in. The path to your most fulfilled self unfolds one conscious choice with the flow.

More about me

Comments (0)