What are the best five things that makes my day

Someone asked me this recently, and I realized none of my answers were expensive or extraordinary.

They're all ridiculously small.

1. That first sip of chai after a long day.

Not because it's the best tea in the world.

But because it signals that the day has slowed down. For five minutes, no notifications, no deadlines, no pretending to be productive. Just me and a cup of chai.

2. Riding without a destination.

Some people ride to reach somewhere.

I ride because sometimes the road clears my head better than any conversation can. There have been days when I left home frustrated and came back with the same problems... but somehow a much lighter mind.

3. Learning one thing I didn't know yesterday.

It could be a psychological bias, a business idea, a historical fact, or why a piece of content went viral.

The internet is full of noise, but every now and then you stumble upon an idea that changes how you look at the world.

Those days always feel productive, even if I accomplished nothing else.

4. Cooking when I'm not trying to impress anyone.

Throwing rice, paneer, peas, corn, potatoes, a little Maggi masala, and whatever spices I feel like into one pan.

No recipe.

No measurements.

Sometimes it turns out average.

Sometimes I accidentally create something so good that I spend the next week trying and failing to recreate it.

I weirdly enjoy that.

5. A meaningful conversation.

Not the "How are you?" kind.

The kind where someone asks a question you've never thought about before.

Or you leave the conversation seeing the world a little differently.

Those conversations stay with me much longer than any social media scroll ever does.




I've noticed something.

The older I get, the less my good days depend on big achievements.

They're usually made up of tiny moments that most people wouldn't even notice.

A quiet road.

A good cup of chai.

A song at the right time.

A meal you didn't expect to enjoy.

A conversation that lingers in your head long after it's over.

Funny how the things we chase rarely make our day but the things we almost ignore often do.

What are the five small things that quietly make your day better? That's a question I'd love to ask more often than, "How was your day?"

Pratik Kumar

Pratik Kumar

Your journey begins here. At the intersection of mindful self-care and deliberate growth, I guide you through the terrain of becoming. This isn't just about improvement it's about revelation. Uncovering what already exists within you, waiting to emerge. Here, we explore practical wisdom that nurtures both inner peace and outward achievement. No empty promises just honest pathways to living with greater purpose and authentic joy. Whether you're seeking subtle shifts or profound reinvention, you'll find tools, insights, and a companion for the journey. Step in. The path to your most fulfilled self unfolds one conscious choice with the flow.

More about me

Comments (0)