What are the cons of Newton School of Technology?
I've noticed something interesting whenever people ask this question.
The comments usually split into two groups.
One group says, "It's the future of education."
The other says, "It's too new. Don't take the risk."
Personally, I think both groups miss the point.
The biggest mistake students make isn't choosing the wrong college.
It's choosing a college without understanding what they're actually buying.
When you pay ₹20–30 lakhs (or even ₹10–15 lakhs) and dedicate four years of your life, you're not buying lectures.
You're buying an ecosystem.
And that's where I'd evaluate any new-generation college including Newton School of Technology.
1. A new college has to earn trust, not inherit it.
An IIT doesn't wake up every morning trying to convince people it's good.
Its alumni have already done that.
The same goes for BITS, NITs, IIITs and many established universities.
A newer institution doesn't have that luxury.
Every graduating batch is helping build its reputation from scratch.
That's exciting because students become part of something that's still evolving.
But it's also a responsibility.
Your seniors are the people who shape how recruiters, founders and future applicants perceive the institution.
That's very different from joining a college with decades of history.
Neither is better or worse.
They're simply different bets.
2. Don't ask about the highest package.
Ask about the average student.
Every college has exceptional students.
The real question is:
What happens if I'm not exceptional?
Suppose I'm disciplined but not brilliant.
I attend classes.
I complete projects.
I put in consistent effort.
Will the ecosystem still help me grow?
Or do only the top 10–15% get the best internships, mentors and opportunities?
I rarely see this discussed, yet it's probably the most important question.
3. The curriculum isn't the product.
Execution is.
Every modern college today talks about:
- AI
- Industry projects
- Startup culture
- Hackathons
- Real-world learning
Those words have become marketing language.
The real difference lies elsewhere.
How often is the curriculum updated?
Who updates it?
Are industry experts actively involved?
Do students build meaningful products or just complete assignments?
How many projects survive beyond the semester?
That's what separates an impressive brochure from an effective education.
4. The best colleges aren't the ones with no problems.
They're the ones that improve quickly.
This is something I wish more applicants asked.
Every institution has issues.
Hostels.
Faculty.
Workload.
Placements.
Administration.
Communication.
The question isn't whether problems exist.
It's whether students feel heard.
If hundreds of students raise the same concern this year...
...does anything change next year?
Young institutions actually have an advantage here.
They can adapt much faster than universities bound by decades-old systems.
I'd pay close attention to how quickly they respond to feedback.
5. Student life matters more than people admit.
People spend months comparing placement statistics.
Then they spend four years living with roommates, attending classes, eating in the mess and interacting with faculty every day.
Those experiences shape your life far more than a placement poster.
I'd want honest answers to questions like:
- What's the culture like after classes end?
- Do students collaborate or compete?
- Are clubs actually active or mostly promotional?
- How approachable are mentors?
- How often do founders or industry professionals interact with students?
- What do students complain about most?
Those answers never appear in admission webinars.
6. Four years is a long time.
Technology changes every six months.
AI is changing how software is built.
Hiring is changing.
Skills are changing.
Even the definition of a software engineer is changing.
So I'd ask something that very few students ask:
If the industry changes dramatically over the next four years, how quickly can this institution change with it?
That's probably more important than any placement number you'll see today.
So what's the biggest "con" of Newton School of Technology?
Honestly?
It's not that it's new.
It's that joining a young institution requires a different mindset.
You won't have decades of alumni stories to rely on.
You'll have to judge it by its culture, adaptability, mentorship, curriculum, student outcomes and how seriously it takes feedback.
Some students find that exciting.
Others prefer the certainty that comes with an established brand.
Neither choice is inherently right.
It depends on what kind of learner you are.
One final thought.
I think students obsess over one question:
"Will this college get me a job?"
A more useful question might be:
"Will this college make me the kind of person companies want to hire four years from now even if the job market changes?"
That's the question I'd use to evaluate every college today, not just Newton School of Technology.
If you are confused about new colleges or wish to get clarity on what to pursue and from where, feel free to connect would love to have a conversation over career, college and degree.

If you have any suggestions let me know...