I have a weird theory.
The tastiest meals I've ever made weren't the ones I planned. They were the ones I cooked when I was too tired to think.
After a long day at work, when my brain has already clocked out, I don't have the energy to make anything fancy. But I also don't like ordering food every single time, especially when I know I have everything I need sitting in the kitchen.
So I make what I call my "whatever's-left rice."
It starts with rice. Then I throw in whatever vegetables I find matar, corn, potatoes, sometimes paneer. A little Maggi masala (don't judge me), a few spices depending on my mood, and that's pretty much it. Nothing is measured. I just trust my instincts and hope for the best.
Surprisingly... it almost always works.
I actually enjoy cooking. It's one of those things that doesn't feel like a chore to me. Even when I'm exhausted, standing in the kitchen with some music playing feels oddly relaxing. By the time the rice is cooking, I've usually forgotten how tired I was. Then I grab a bowl, put on a movie or a random series, and suddenly the day feels a little lighter.
The funny part is that I experiment a lot. Sometimes I combine ingredients that probably shouldn't go together. Every now and then I accidentally create something so good that I spend the next week trying to recreate it... and fail completely because I never remember what I actually did.
I think that's my favorite part about cooking.
There are no rules. No recipe police. Just a pan, a few ingredients, and enough confidence to convince yourself, "Yeah... this should work."
Most of the time, it does.
And if it doesn't?
Well, at least I learn one more combination I'll never try again.
Now I'm curious what's your lazy meal after an exhausting day? Bonus points if it's one of those accidental recipes that somehow turned out better than expected.

If you have any suggestions let me know...