What-are-some-inspirational-short-stories-that-can-change-a-persons-life

This actually happened in the early part of July this year.

(Read till the end. I am sure you will enjoy it.)

​
Wimbledon tournament was going on. Though I am not a great follower of the game, I decided to watch this one, only because Rafael Nadal was playing.

And then there was his opponent. 'Weird' was the first thought that came in my mind when I saw him. Waist-length hair, tongue piercing, tattoos and what not.

As the match began, there were loud cheers for Nadal including from me. But as the game proceeded, it was like, Nadal was made to run on every rally by this 'weirdo'.

The audience was awestruck as was I. How could he play like this?

By the second set, the cheering went on a topsy-turvy ride. Dustin Brown (by that time everyone knew his name) was beating Nadal effortlessly. So every rally that Brown won, there were loud cheers. Obviously, even I had started cheering for him now.

My uncle had visited my home that evening. As he saw all this, he said, "Look at all these envious people. They are so happy that an accomplished person is getting beaten the hell out of. They just can't bear to see anyone above them. They don't leave a chance to pull them down."

Sadness struck me. I started feeling guilty that even I was enjoying seeing a great player going down. Even after the match finished and Brown won, I was low.

My dad saw all this. While going to sleep, before wishing good night, he kept his hand on my shoulder and whispered in my ears:
"They were not cheering because they felt good that a great man was falling. They cheered because that 'weirdo' showed everyone that even the best can be beaten if you try hard, no matter how you look. Brown gave them hope. Good night son!"

credit:-Vignesh-Kamat
Pratik Kumar

Pratik Kumar

Your journey begins here. At the intersection of mindful self-care and deliberate growth, I guide you through the terrain of becoming. This isn't just about improvement it's about revelation. Uncovering what already exists within you, waiting to emerge. Here, we explore practical wisdom that nurtures both inner peace and outward achievement. No empty promises just honest pathways to living with greater purpose and authentic joy. Whether you're seeking subtle shifts or profound reinvention, you'll find tools, insights, and a companion for the journey. Step in. The path to your most fulfilled self unfolds one conscious choice with the flow.

More about me

Comments (0)