Single for a few years now. People expect a sad answer. I don't have one.
My favorite thing to do? Ride. Just get on the bike, point it somewhere, and go. No destination pinned, no plan, no one checking where I am. Just road, wind, and whatever's playing in my head.
There's something people don't tell you about being single long enough, you stop performing for anyone. No texts to answer mid-ride. No "where are you" at 11 PM. No explaining why you needed three hours alone on a highway with nothing but your own thoughts and a throttle. It's just you and the machine and the road doing its thing.
I started motovlogging because of this. Turned the camera on one day, not for views, just to talk to myself out loud while riding half therapy, half documentation. Somewhere along the way people started watching. But the riding came first. The camera's just a witness.
I also write. Poetry mostly, some of it raw and ugly on purpose, the kind that doesn't care if it rhymes or sounds nice. Being alone gives you the silence to actually sit with a thought long enough to turn it into a sentence worth keeping. You can't write honest lines with someone constantly needing your attention. Loneliness, when you're not scared of it, becomes fuel.
Somewhere along the way I also stopped explaining my choices to anyone. No justifying why I rode 200 km for no reason, no defending a poem that made no sense to anyone but me. That freedom changes how you move through the world.
People ask if I get lonely. Sometimes. Late nights, empty apartment, phone not buzzing, yeah, it hits. But loneliness and solitude aren't the same animal. One eats you. The other builds you. I've learned to tell the difference, and most days I choose the second one on purpose.
So no, I'm not out here "healing" or "finding myself" in some Instagram-caption way. I'm just riding, writing, and figuring life out one mile and one line at a time. Being single didn't break me. It gave me back time I didn't know I'd lost.
And somewhere between the miles and the words, I realized I wasn't lonely. I was just finally alone with someone worth knowing, myself.

If you have any suggestions let me know...